SmartFit Pty Ltd.
PRODUCT WARRANTY STATEMENT
This warranty statement applies to all SmartFit approved applications which are installed and maintained by a SmartFit certified technician.
Smartfit Stainless Steel
Smartfit Air Compressors & other equipment*
*unless noted otherwise
Investigation of Claims:
All Goods, the subject of a warranty claim, must be inspected by SmartFit for evaluation before any warranty claim is approved.
To make a warranty claim pursuant to this Warranty, the Purchaser must:
- Notify SmartFit within 7 days of the alleged defect first coming to the Purchaser’s notice and within the warranty period;
- Provide SmartFit all information required, including serial numbers, photos of the alleged defect, and with reasonable evidence of the proof of purchase.
- Prepare evidence that the Product has been installed correctly
- Make the Product available for inspection by SmartFit, so that SmartFit may carry out all necessary work with the Product.
Conditions of Warranty:
This warranty extends only to:
effects arise solely from faulty design, materials or workmanship under proper use of the Goods;
- Goods installed by SmartFit approved installers;
- where the defects appear in the Goods within the Warranty period.
Exclusions to Warranty:
This Warranty does not cover;
- Unauthorised repairs, alteration, modification or substitution of any parts of the Goods, or use of the Goods other than in accordance with the instructions supplied;
- Other goods that are not manufactured or supplied by SmartFit
- Installed by an unauthorised person or entity
Charges will apply for any non-warranty services performed.
Limitation of Liability:
The following statement applies if the supply of the Goods to the purchaser is a consumer sale as defined in the Australian Consumer Law. In this statement, ‘Our’ means ‘SmartFit’, ‘You’ means the ‘Purchaser’ and ‘goods’ means ‘Goods’:
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
What constitutes a major failure is set out in the Australian Consumer Law. Notwithstanding the preceding clause and to the extent permissible by law, the liability of SmartFit is limited, in relation to the Goods and at the option of SmartFit to:
- replacing the Goods, or where the product no longer exists, the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of the Goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the Goods or of acquiring equivalent Goods; or
- the payment of the cost of having the Goods repaired.
To the extent permitted by law, all other warranties whether implied or otherwise, not set out in this Warranty are excluded and SmartFit is not liable in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence or breach of statutory duty) or otherwise to compensate the Purchaser for:
- any increased costs or expenses;
- any loss of profit, revenue, business, contracts or anticipated savings;
- any loss or expense resulting from a claim by a third party; or
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage of any nature whatsoever caused by SmartFit’s failure in complying with its obligations or the Purchaser’s failure due to accident damage, impact, misuse or negligence.
The benefits given to the Purchaser in this Warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies under a law in relation to the Goods or services to which this Warranty applies.
This warranty is not applicable outside Australia & New Zealand.
To make a warranty claim, a written claim (containing your name, address, contact details and details of the product defect together must be sent to SmartFit by email to [email protected]